- For Sale -
This business is for sale
Portable sawmilling & timber sales
- Successful long term portable sawmilling and log salvage business with timber sales.
- Servicing the Fleurieu Peninsula and Adelaide districts for the last 18 years.
- Broad clientele base for the sale of timber (large slabs, structural timber, cladding etc.)
- We are retiring from the industry where our passion has always been to salvage this valuable resource and utilize the various timbers by making them available to the general public and the building industry.
PLANT INCLUDED IN THE BUSINESS SALE
- Lucas model 8 Portable Sawmill with 20 HP Briggs & Stratton motor.
- Lucas Slabbing attachment.
- 12 volt blade sharpener.
- 4 blades.
- Loading ramp for trailer/ ute.
- 1977 Mitubishi Fuso 18 ft traytop Diesel truck.
- Fork lift or similar steel loading ramps.
- Services -
- Gallery -
- Heritage -
SA Tree Salvage started operating 17 years ago by Chris Pinkster & Kallan Dennis.
Initially the intention was to slow down the shear waste of an important resource going into landfill or chipped into garden mulch. Fortunately trees can no longer go into landfill but the chippers have got bigger!
We are still operating salvaging trees/logs as best as we can, the passion for saving the trees will never wane. The business has a no waste policy thus we process the log into sawn boards or full width slabs and the usual 10 to 20% waste that comes off this process goes into firewood supply.
Value adding after those processes gave us the ability to manufacture any objects and furniture which then give the saved tree/log a extended life into seats, tables, cladding, kitchens and even as a structural item, pergola, fence, window frames.